AboutAbout Dr Deb
Meet Dr Deb
Deb graduated with her undergraduate degree in Biblical Literature from Azusa Pacific University. From there she went on to be a Children’s Pastor in San Diego. She received her Master’s Degree in Children and Family Ministry from Bethel Seminary and later her D.Min from Bethel. Her dissertation focus was Strengths-based Leadership Development for kids 10-13.
Heart for Ministry
Building the Church of tomorrow
Ordained and Licensed Minister
Certified StrengthsFinder Coach
- Served 33 years in Children and Family Ministry
- Seminary Professor for 16 years at Bethel Seminary
- Doctoral Thesis Advisor at Bethel Seminary
- Speaks annually at national conferences and leads a Certificate Program in Children’s Ministry (Engage)
- Serves as the Associate Director of the Cory Center for Children’s Ministry, U.S. Initiatives.
- Developed and leads a certificate program in Children’s Ministry giving students advanced standing/academic credit at Bethel Seminary.
- Taught at the Graduate level internationally in both in Ethiopia and Malaysia.
- StrengthsFinder Coach for 15 years; coached over 200 people to live in their strengths.
- Writing on leadership for Children’s Ministry Magazine since September 2018.
Life of Love
Minister, Coach, Wife, Mother
Her heart has always been to come alongside those serving in ministry to children and families, as a mentor and coach, seminary professor, conference speaker and within the local church.
Deb has been married her husband, Rick since 1974. She is a mom to two sons and grandma to four beautiful children.
What People are Saying
“Deb is awesome! A woman of God and she knows her stuff! I love her heart for God and the presence of the Lord in and on her life. In her classroom, it is like being in church. I get fired up!”
“Dr. Deb is fantastic. I thought this course would be a boring course prior to participating in the course. I am glad to say that I was wrong!”
“Dr Deb is a treasure and I am incredibly thankful to be one of the many who have benefited from her time, heart and gifts. She truly embodies what mentorship is all about.”